Monday, August 10, 2009

New with the Cortes Family


So here is an update on the Cortes family. We got a new dog and named her Chloe. She is a totally mellow awesome dog and with the exception of a little bit of nipping at Kaylie she totally is great! We still love our house and enjoy having a place of our very own. Erick has kept busy fixing sprinkler heads and keeping up on the lawn. I'm attempting to get used to cleaning a bigger house. It seems like there is always something to be done!

We are busy as always, but right now Kaylie and I are busy having fun! I'm off work for the next week or so and so I am taking time to do some of the things I really enjoy but get to distracted for during the school year. I've been learning to sew and have made Kaylie 3 pairs of pajama pants that actually turned out!!! I also am working on an apron but I didn't realize that when you are supposed to line it up with a fold it is so that they can stay together! So that one will probably have a few more hems than necessary but hey there is always a learning curve. I really am starting to appreciate Ether 12:27 which is about turning weaknesses into strengths. I couldn't cut for anything when I was younger and now I'm sewing with some success. It is such a great feeling to watch a project come together and actually look good. I'm very proud of myself. (Well the good kind of proud).

1 comment:

Amanda Goldsmith said...

Ahhh so cute! Hunter would be so jealous.