Saturday, September 19, 2009

A wedding and a funeral..Yeah it was a busy week

This past week I had quite an eventful time of it. First was my sister-in-laws beautiful wedding. She was a gorgeous bride! Everything went quite well with the exception of a little glitch when Kaylie freaked out five minutes before the ceremony was about to begin. She did manage to walk down the isle but I pretty much took her out after that. I felt bad about that but she's only 18 mos old what do we really expect? I realized later she was really nervous about all the people. It taught me a lesson about understanding her. The party was great afterwards. The food was super yummy and my favoirte part had to be the strawberry bar where you could either get pre-dipped yummy strawberries or make you own dipped ones. You can guess who enjoyed that (I'll give you a hint Kaylie was already asleep) It was amazing! It was also great to see family we haven't seen in a while. I can't quite figure out how to post the pictures from the web so when I do I'll put some more up. Kaylie was a beautiful flower girl.

So here comes the funeral part. The same day as the beautiful wedding I found out my grandpa died. This kind of put a damper the day for me. So we had fun at the wedding, spent the next day going to family stuff and packing and then left for Utah at about 4:00 Sunday Morning. We were there for the viewing and the funeral on Monday. I sure loved both of them. I know that sounds morbid but I thought it was just like my Grandpa Jenson would have liked it. It was fun and people were talking and just enjoying each other's company. I loved seeing those I hadn't seen in a long while. It was wonderful because my sister was able to come from North Carolina and then my brother surprised everyone and came from Washington. He was only able to stay for a minimal amount of time but it was good to see him again. Its been a few years.
We were able to stay a couple of days and we went to temple square. Kaylie loved the reflection pond and did not want to leave. As soon as I get pictures from my sister I will post them. Overall we really enjoyed our trip to UT and Kaylie was an excellent traveler.

2 comments:

Amanda Goldsmith said...

That was a fun trip! I think the reflection pool was Hunters favorite part of the trip.

AJ said...

I enjoyed seeing you all in Utah. I thought the funeral was very reflective of Grandpa and the man he was/is. Very upbeat and positive.